Chapel of Santa Casa da Misericórdia

On 2 August 1714, the former Fraternity of the Saint Mary of Victory Hospital, which had been founded in 1427, became a House of Mercy. Shortly afterwards, the chapel was built where the Church of Senhor do Bom Despacho may once have stood. In a baroque and Johanine style, it has a precious altar and a many-coloured wood retable from the third quarter of the 18th century.